- 05/03/2017 Nurturing kids to love to read, pays off
- 02/03/2017 Dr. Erin Schryer discusses new literacy strategy (CBC Information Morning Fredericton)
- 23/01/2017 Affordable child care is only one piece of the puzzle
- 24/12/2016 Stephen King’s support propelled Nackawic teen to continue her mission to promote reading
- 7/11/2016 Educators call for end to standardized testing in classrooms
- 4/11/2016 “Where is the outrage” Literacy advocate disappointed by assessment numbers
- 3/11/2016 NBCC Woodstock steps up to help local grade 2 students learn to read 1/3
- 3/11/2016 NBCC Woodstock steps up to help local grade 2 students learn to read 2/3
- 3/11/2016 NBCC Woodstock steps up to help local grade 2 students learn to read 3/3
- 29/10/2016 Grade 2 anglophone literacy results down 12% since 2010
- 22/09/2016 Doctors to write prescriptions for literacy in province
- 21/5/2016 Obsessed with Opportunity: Commentary by executive director Dr. Erin Schryer
- 19/4/2016 Our ED accepted a generous donation of $25,000 from IGT Legs for Literacy in support of ELF and CLEF programming in South Eastern New Brunswick!
- 11/1/2016 Press Release: We are pleased to announce the participation and endorsement of NB’s Lieutenant-Governor
- 15/9/2015 Times and Transcript Article: Elf Boosts Reading Skills, Confidence
- 12/9/2015 Commentary by Dr. Erin Schryer, ED of Elementary Literacy Inc.
- 4/6/2015 ELF participates in Parents Raising Readers initiative at Prince Charles School
- 19/5/2015 Fundy High School students volunteer for literacy with ELF program
A great big thank you to TransCanada for supporting our reading programs Elf and Clef through a generous donation of $25,500! Funds will support program delivery to 15 schools and approximately 200 students across NB. Pictured here are Grade 2 students from John Caldwell Elementary School in Grand Falls, many of whom participate in Elf, along with Erin Schryer, executive director of Elementary Literacy Inc., John Van der Put, vice-president of Energy East for Quebec and New Brunswick, and classroom teacher Tasha Hollins.
Click here to hear our ED’s interview on Information Morning Saint John about how to help make up for some of the missed instructional time due to storm cancellations
Check out our ED’s post on NBCC’s blog about our exciting partnership!
Literacy volunteers support reading, Daily Gleaner
Here is ESIC’s Community Success Stories December publication featuring a testimonial from our own Janis Walker!
Elementary Literacy Inc. News Release
Elementary Literacy Friends Welcomes Volunteers, This Week section of the Times and Transcript
Loch Lomond Villa allow employees to volunteer during work week, Telegraph Journal
NBCC Students Helping with ELF Literacy Program, Telegraph Journal
Telegraph Journal article on Saint John winter ELF session needs
Our Executive Director co-wrote this recently published article exploring interventions aimed at increasing the amount of time parents spend reading to their children
ELF Students and Volunteers on CBC Information Morning Saint John
Telegraph Journal article on low provincial literacy scores
Article of interest to our partners
CBC Op-Ed by our Executive Director, Erin Schryer
Commentary about NB child literacy by Erin Schryer
Elementary Literacy Inc. appoints new executive director
Fusion SJ and Elementary Literacy Inc. host Saint John Luncheon at the Mix (Delta SJ)
Family Literacy Day
We are recruiting for our winter term
Investment in Elementary Literacy Inc.
Volunteer reading tutors needed!
Foundation established to help young struggling readers